These days to create an email account it is important to use your phone number for verification and the same is the case with Gmail. One of the top email service providers, Gmail also requires you to use your phone number while creating an email account. However, everyone might not be comfortable sharing their phone number due to different reasons. Hence, they look for ways to create a Gmail account without phone number.
In the guide, you will learn how you can create a Gmail account without using your phone number.
Steps to Create a Gmail Account Without Using Phone Number
You will be happy to know that while your full name and date of birth are compulsory for a Gmail account, you can still opt out of the phone number verification when you create a new Gmail account. You need to follow the steps provided below to know how you can make a new Gmail account without providing your phone number.
- To create a new Gmail account, go to the official website, i.e. gmail.com.
- There, you need to type your first and last name and make sure that the details are correct, as they will be displayed on your account.
- After that, you need to choose an email with the @gmail domain. The application will suggest you some usernames that you can pick if your preferred username might not be available.
- Now, you need to enter a unique password to set up a new Gmail account without the use of your phone number.
- Confirm the password you have created in the previous step, and then mention your date of birth and gender.
- After filling in the details, you will be asked to enter your mobile number or a recovery email, which is completely optional. Hence, you can skip this step.
- Press the Next button and then agree to the Terms and Conditions of Gmail as the final step of creating your new Gmail account.
- On your home screen, tap on ‘Settings’.
- Look for the ‘Mail’ option.
- Then click on ‘Accounts’ option.
- Tap ‘Add Account’.
- Select ‘Google’ and then choose ‘Use another account’.
- Click ‘Create new account’.
- Enter all the required details, leaving the phone number section blank, as it is optional.
- After that, tap ‘I agree’ to finish creating your Gmail account.
These are the only steps that you need to take to create a new Gmail account without using your phone number.
Why is It Important to Use your Mobile Number on Gmail?
While creating a Gmail account, have you ever wondered why Gmail asks you for a mobile number? Gmail asks for your mobile number so that you can use this number to receive the verification code if you ever forget the password of your Gmail account. Your mobile number will help you in recovering your account when you can’t access it. You can easily use your mobile phone to get the recovery code and easily log into your account. Your mobile number is completely safe with Gmail and will not be used for any suspicious or inappropriate thing.
Secure your Gmail Account With Recovery Email Address
Although it is completely optional to add your phone number, to be on a safer side, you should provide at least one recovery information in order to use it if you get locked out of your Gmail account. That means you can also use any other email address if you do not want to use your phone number to create a new Gmail account. Gmail requires either an alternative email address or phone number in order to verify that you are the real owner of the account whenever you forget your password or get locked out of your account.
Here are the steps you can follow to add a recovery email address to a Gmail account using an alternative email address:
- Once you have created a Gmail account using the above steps, open the Gmail app.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top-right
- Select ‘Manage your Google account’.
- From the tabs, select ‘Personal Info’.
- Scroll down to ‘Contact Info’ and under ‘Email’ section, add a different email account.
- Then verify the same by following the instructions shown on the screen and save the changes
- The next time if you get locked out of your new Gmail account, you can use your alternative email address to reset the password.
If you are looking for other email services that don’t ask for a phone number, you can read the following article.
Hey Everyone, I am Supriya a Technical expert who likes to recover social media accounts. I Have been in recovering lost, hacked, forgotten social media account from last 3 years. I have written many articles related to recovery on different websites.